Terms of Service
Last Updated: August 25, 2022
This Terms of Service Agreement (the "Agreement" or "Terms of Service") is made between the Company ("Company" "we," "us," or "our") and you, our customer ("you" or "your"). This Agreement governs your use of Company owned-and-operated websites, applications, and video streaming services (collectively, the "Services"). This includes our Platform, Lobbies, Studio, App, Web, and Livestream services.
Notice: Section 11 of this Agreement contains a mandatory ARBITRATION AGREEMENT for certain privacy claims that you or the Company could assert. By using our Services and accepting this Agreement, you (1) agree to binding arbitration of these claims before a neutral arbitrator; and (2) waive your rights to go to court, have a jury hear your case, or participate as part of a class of plaintiffs with respect to such claims.
- Our Services
- Subscription Plans
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Licenses Granted by You
- Your Obligations
- Term and Termination
- Limitation of Liability
- Disputes, Arbitration, and Choice of Law
- General Provisions
By creating an account, viewing videos, making a purchase, creating a realm with our software, or otherwise visiting or using our Services, you accept this Agreement and consent to contract with us electronically.
If you are an entity other than a natural person, the person who registers the account or otherwise uses our Services must have the authority to bind the entity. In this context, “you” means both the entity and each person who is authorized to access the account.
We may update this Agreement by posting a revised version on our website. By continuing to use our Services, you accept any revised Agreement.
2. Our Services
Service License: Subject to the terms hereof, we grant you access to our Services. This includes the right to:
- Stream videos that you have the right to view;
- Upload, store, and/or live stream videos, subject to your plan;
- Use any products such as Lobbies, App, Studio, etc;
- Use all related functionality that we may provide
Features: The features available to you will depend on your plan. We may change features from time to time. If you have a paid account, we commit to providing the core streaming features or other boosts you add to your plan (including the bandwidth and storage capabilities stated at the time of purchase) during your current service period.
Unlimited Bandwidth Fair Use Policy: Generally, we do not limit or impose additional fees for bandwidth consumption on Self-Serve accounts (i.e. the data used in order to deliver your videos to viewers). However, this policy is subject to fair use: If your aggregate bandwidth usage (across all accounts you control) is higher than 99% of Self-Serve users on our platform in any calendar month, we may, in our discretion, charge fees for excessive usage, require you to upgrade to a more suitable plan, or terminate your account(s) upon advance written notice.
Video Creation Tools: We may allow you to use Studio, our video creation tool. Your use of Studio is governed by these terms and conditions.
Monetization: We may allow you to sell digital goods or earn money through advertising. Your sales of videos are governed by our Seller Addendum.
Downloadable Software: We may offer Native applications for devices (“Apps”) which are an optional integration for your realm. Subject to your compliance with these Terms of Service, the Company grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to download and use the Apps we create for you. We may update Apps from time to time to add new features and/or correct bugs. You shall ensure that you are using the most recent version of the App that is compatible with your device. The app license is a separate payment and license agreement which can be found here.
Enterprise Services: We may offer Services pursuant to an individually-negotiated agreement. Enterprise services are governed by our Enterprise Terms.
Third Parties: We may provide links to and integrations with websites or services operated by others. Your use of each such website or service is subject to its terms of service.
Registration: You may create an account to use certain features we offer (e.g., uploading or live streaming videos). To do so, you must provide an email address. By creating an account, you agree to receive notices from the Company at this email address.
Age Requirements: You must be at least 16 years old or the applicable age of majority in your jurisdiction, whichever is greater, to create an account or otherwise use our Services. If you wish to use the Services for a commercial purpose, you must be at least 18 years old. Individuals under the applicable age may use our Services only through a parent or legal guardian’s account and with their involvement. Please have that person read this Agreement with you and consent to it before proceeding.
Parents and Guardians: By granting your child permission to use the Services through your account, you agree and understand that you are responsible for monitoring and supervising your child's usage. If you believe your child is using your account and does not have your permission, please contact us immediately so that we can disable access.
Team Members: Certain subscription plans may allow you to grant other users (“team members”) access to the account. Each team member must create an account with their own login credentials. Both you and each team member is deemed a party to this Agreement. You are responsible for the actions of your team members and must monitor their access and usage.
Account Security: You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your account, including unauthorized activity. You must safeguard the confidentiality of your account credentials and may not share your account credentials with anyone. If you are using a computer that others have access to, you must log out of your account after each session. If you become aware of unauthorized access to your account, you must change your password and notify us immediately.
4. Subscription Plans
Plan Types: We offer free (Basic) plans and paid subscriptions that allow you to upload and share video content as well as build, create, and share other community content. You may purchase a “Self-Serve” plan (you sign up and pay online) or an “Enterprise” plan (you work with a sales representative and execute an individualized agreement). Advertised prices and features may change.
Fees: You must pay all fees (plus any taxes) during your subscription period and any renewal periods. Our fees may include a fixed monthly or annual fee plus variable fees for transactions or usage. We may adjust fees from time to time. We will attempt to notify you in advance of any such fee changes prior to your next billing cycle. If you do not wish to accept a fee change, you may cancel your subscription in accordance with this Agreement.
Free Trials and Discounts: We may offer free-trial or discounted subscriptions. When a free-trial period ends, your paid subscription begins (unless you have canceled) and you must pay the full monthly or annual fee. If we provide a discount for the first subscription period, you must pay the discounted fee; in any renewal, you must pay the full fee.
Launch Early Access
Promotional pricing is for early access. Early access will be available until March 31st. By participating in early access, you will have the limits assigned to the Starter plan for free. At the end of the period, you will be prompted to continue using the Starter plan and initiate a payment schedule, or your account will be downgraded to the Forever Free plan limits.
During early access the team will be making adjustments to create plans as needed. We will work to not remove access to any features during this time, but this is not guaranteed.
Refund Policy: Subject to the terms hereof, Self-Serve subscribers who purchase plans directly from the website may cancel and receive a full refund of their initial purchase within thirty (30) days after purchasing an annual plan and five (5) days after purchasing a monthly plan. Our refund policy does not apply to:
- In-app purchases;
- Customers who have used 25% of the plan limits capacity
- Fees charged immediately after a free-trial period ends;
- Attempted abuse of the refund policy (i.e., by subscribing and requesting refunds repeatedly);
- Requests made after the specified periods;
- Customers who have breached this Agreement or whose accounts were terminated in accordance with our Terms of Service
- Customers who joined using a promotion that expressly disclaimed our refund policy;
- Customers who have initiated a chargeback dispute; or
- Enterprise plan customers.
Automatic Renewal: To the extent permitted by applicable law, subscriptions automatically renew at the end of each subscription period unless canceled beforehand. Monthly plans renew for 30-day periods. Annual plans renew for one-year periods. You must pay the annual or monthly fee (plus any taxes) when each renewal period starts. Unused storage, bandwidth, and other usage limits do not roll over.
How to Decline Renewal: Self-Serve subscribers may opt out of automatic renewal by changing their account settings to Basic (free) account status. If you wish to completely cancel your account, please contact the team. Enterprise plan customers may opt out according to the Enterprise Terms. Any opt-out or notice of non-renewal will not affect the current subscription period. The Company may decline renewals.
Lapse Policy: When a subscription ends, the account will, at the Company’s option, revert to Basic (free) account status or will be deleted. Any content in the account may be deleted to comply with the limitations of the new account status. You are responsible for archiving your content. The Company shall not be responsible for the loss of any content. We may publish additional guidelines regarding the treatment of lapsed subscriptions. These guidelines describe current practices only and shall not require the Company to provide any level of post-subscription account status.
In-App Purchase: We may allow you to purchase subscriptions within Apps. When you make such “in-app” purchases, you will be billed by the app platform, not us. To turn off automatic renewal for subscriptions, access your platform’s account settings (not the Company’). Our refund policy does not apply to in-app purchases. Any billing inquiries should be directed to the app platform.
Resale: You may not sell, resell, rent, lease, or distribute any plan or any other aspect of our Services to any third party unless authorized by us in writing. We may suspend or terminate accounts sold via authorized resellers for non-payment to the reseller or any violation of the restrictions set forth in this Agreement.
5. Acceptable Use Policy
We may allow you to create, upload, live stream, submit, or publish (collectively, to "submit") content such as videos, recordings, images, and text (collectively, "content"). You must ensure that your content, and your conduct, complies with the Acceptable Use Policy set forth in this Section 5. The Company may (but is not obligated to) monitor your account, content, and conduct, regardless of your privacy settings. The Company may remove or limit access or availability to any content or account that it considers in good faith to violate this Acceptable Use Policy.
5.1 Copyright Policy
You may only upload content that you have the right to upload and share. Copyright owners may send the Company a takedown notice if they believe the Company is hosting infringing materials. We will, in appropriate circumstances, terminate the accounts of persons who repeatedly infringe.
5.2 Content Restrictions
You may not submit any content that:
- Infringes any third party’s copyrights or other rights (e.g., trademark, privacy rights, etc.);
- Is sexually explicit or promotes a sexual service;
- Is defamatory;
- Is harassing or abusive;
- Contains hateful or discriminatory speech;
- Promotes or supports terror or hate groups;
- Exploits or endangers minors;
- Depicts or encourages self-harm or suicide;
- Depicts (1) unlawful real-world acts of extreme violence, (2) vivid, realistic, or particularly graphic acts of violence and brutality, (3) sexualized violence, including rape, torture, abuse, and humiliation, or (4) animal cruelty or extreme violence towards animals;
- Promotes fraudulent or dubious money-making schemes, proposes an unlawful transaction, or uses deceptive marketing practices like MLMs or Ponzi schemes;
- Contains false or misleading claims about (1) vaccination safety, or (2) health-related information that has a serious potential to cause public harm;
- Contains false or misleading information about voting;
- Contains (1) claims that a real-world tragedy did not occur; (2) false claims that a violent crime or catastrophe has occurred; or (3) false or misleading information (including fake news, deepfakes, propaganda, or unproven or debunked conspiracy theories) that creates a serious risk of material harm to a person, group, or the general public; or
- Violates any applicable law.
Please see the Guidelines for Creators and Guidelines for Users for guidance on how we interpret these terms.
5.3 Code of Conduct
In using our Services, you may not:
- Use an offensive screen name (e.g., explicit language) or avatar (e.g., containing nudity);
- Act in a deceptive manner or impersonate any person or organization;
- Harass or stalk any person;
- Harm or exploit minors;
- Distribute “spam” in any form or use misleading metadata;
- Collect personal information about others without their authorization;
- Access another’s account except as permitted herein;
- Use or export any of our services in violation of any U.S. law;
- Engage in any unlawful activity;
- Embed our video player on or provide links to sites that contain content prohibited by Section 5.2; or
- Cause or encourage others to do any of the above.
5.4 Prohibited Technical Measures
You will not:
- Except as authorized by law or as permitted by us in writing: scrape, reproduce, redistribute, frame, mirror, create derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, alter, archive, or disassemble any part of our Services; or attempt to circumvent any of our security, rate-limiting, filtering, or digital rights management measures;
- Remove or modify any logo, watermark, or notice of proprietary rights embedded on or in the Services or any output thereof without our permission;
- Submit any malicious program, script, or code;
- Submit an unreasonable number of requests to our servers; or
- Take any other actions to manipulate, interfere with, or damage our Services.
5.5 Restricted Users
You may not use our Services if you:
- Are a terror or hate group or a member thereof;
- Have been designated by a U.S. agency as an entity that we may not contract with (e.g., a Specially Designated National); or
- Are subject to sanctions by a non-U.S. government such that we would be required to block your videos in a substantial number of countries in which we provide service.
You may not purchase goods or software services from us if doing so would violate any U.S. sanctions. You hereby make a continuing representation that you are in compliance with the foregoing restrictions.
We provide means to allow you to include closed captioning in your videos. If required by applicable law, you must provide closed captioning in your videos.
6. Licenses Granted by You
As between you and the Company, you own and will retain ownership of all intellectual property rights in and to the content you submit. In order to allow the Company to host and stream your content, you grant the Company the permissions set forth below.
6.1 Your Video Content
By submitting a video, you grant the Company permission to:
- Stream the video to end users;
- Embed the video on third-party websites;
- Distribute the video via our APIs;
- Transcode the video (create compressed versions of your video file that are optimized for streaming);
- Generate stills (i.e., “thumbnails”) from your video to represent it (if you have not selected one); and
- Alter or enhance your video as directed by you.
If you have enabled a video privacy setting, we will limit distribution of your video pursuant to your selection. By enabling access to your video to any third party, you grant each such person permission to stream (and/or download or embed, as applicable) your video. For the purposes of this Section 6.1, your video includes its title, description, tags, and other metadata.
6.2 Creating Content
You may submit certain content to us for the purpose of creating a video using the Platform. These submissions, and the resulting videos, are governed by our Video Creation Addendum.
6.3 Account Profile
You grant the Company permission to use your name, likeness, biography, trademarks, logos, or other identifiers used by you in your account profile for the purpose of displaying such properties to the public or the audiences you have specified. You may revoke the foregoing permission by deleting your account. The Company shall have the right to identify public profiles in its marketing and investor materials.
6.4 Other Content; Feedback
Content that is not covered by the licenses set forth in Sections 6.1, 6.2, or 6.3 shall be governed by this Section 6.4 (e.g., text you submit in comments). You grant the Company a perpetual and irrevocable right and license to copy, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, and display such content through online means in connection with our Services. If you make suggestions to the Company on improving our products or services, the Company may use your suggestions without any compensation to you.
6.5 Scope of Licenses
All licenses granted by you in this Section 6: (a) are non-exclusive, worldwide, and royalty-free; (b) include the right and license to copy, use, distribute, publicly perform, and display the licensed work for the purposes stated above; and (c) include all necessary rights and licenses to allow us to exercise our rights and perform our obligations. By granting these licenses, you waive any so-called “moral rights” that you may have. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed a license “condition” applicable to the Company; rather, any breach of a term by the Company hereof shall give rise to, at most, a claim for breach of contract only. All licenses granted herein are in addition to any other licenses that you may grant (e.g., a Creative Commons license).
7. Your Obligations
7.1 Representations and Warranties
For each piece of content that you submit to or through the Platform, you represent and warrant that:
- You have the right to submit the content to the Company and grant the licenses herein;
- The Company will not need to obtain licenses from any third party or pay royalties to any third party with respect to the streaming or other permitted distribution of the content;
- You have obtained appropriate releases (if necessary) from all persons who appear in the content;
- The content does not, and will not, infringe any third party's rights, including intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, moral rights, and privacy rights; and
- The content complies with this Agreement and all applicable laws.
You will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Company and its subsidiaries, parents, and affiliates, and their and our respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, from and against all third-party complaints, demands, claims, damages, losses, costs, liabilities, and expenses, including attorney’s fees, arising from or relating to: (a) the content you submit to or through the Services; and (b) allegations of actions or omissions by you that (regardless if proven) would constitute a breach of this Agreement.
8. Term and Termination
This Agreement begins when you first use our Services and continues so long as you use our Service or have an account with us, whichever is longer. Paid accounts will continue for the subscription period and will renew in accordance with Section 4 above. With respect to users who do not have a subscription plan (i.e., free users), (a) the Company may terminate this Agreement at any time by providing thirty (30) days’ written notice, and (b) applicable users may terminate at any time by deleting their accounts.
If you breach this Agreement, the Company may, at its option: (a) terminate this Agreement immediately, with or without advance written notice; (b) suspend, delete, or limit access to your account (and other accounts you control) or any content within it; and (c) to the extent permitted by applicable law, retain any amounts payable to you (which you forfeit). If the Company deletes your account for breach, you may not re-register.
In the event of any termination or expiration, the following sections will survive: Section 6.4 (Other Content; Feedback), Section 7.2 (Indemnification), Section 9 (Disclaimers), Section 10 (Limitation of Liability), Section 11 (Disputes, Arbitration, and Choice of Law), and Section 12 (General Provisions).
THE COMPANY PROVIDES THE SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. YOU USE THE SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK. You must provide your own device and internet access.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Among other things, the Company makes no representations or warranties:
- That our Services, or any part thereof, will be available or permitted in your jurisdiction, uninterrupted or error-free, completely secure, or accessible from all devices or browsers;
- That we will host, make available, or remove any specific piece of content;
- Concerning any content submitted by or actions of our users;
- That any geo-filtering or digital rights management solution that we might offer will be effective;
- That we comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), or any other industry-specific privacy obligations;
- That our Services will meet your business or professional needs;
- That we will continue to support any particular feature or maintain backwards compatibility with any third-party software or device; or
- Concerning any third-party websites and resources.
10. Limitation of Liability
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, GOODWILL, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; AND (B) THE COMPANYS’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU, EXCEPT FOR THE COMPANYS’ CONTRACTUAL PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER (IF ANY), SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO THE COMPANY OVER THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRECEDING YOUR CLAIM(S) OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS (USD $100), WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
11. Disputes, Arbitration, and Choice of Law
If you are dissatisfied with our Services for any reason, please contact us first so that we can try to resolve your concerns without the need for outside assistance.
11.1 Choice of Law
Any disputes relating to this Agreement or your use of our Services will be governed by the laws of Wisconsin and the United States of America (with respect to matters subject to federal jurisdiction such as copyright), without regard to principles of conflicts of law. The arbitration agreement set forth in Section 11.3 will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
11.2 Choice of Venue for Litigation; Jury Trial Waiver
Except for matters that must be arbitrated (as set forth below), you and the Company agree that any action relating to this Agreement or your use of our Services must be commenced in either the Commercial Division of the Wisconsin Supreme Court for Dane County or the United States Federal Court for the Western District of Wisconsin; you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts. IN ANY SUCH ACTION, THE COMPANY AND YOU IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY.
11.3 Arbitration of Privacy Claims; Class Action Waiver
The exclusive means of resolving any Covered Privacy Claim (defined below) shall be BINDING ARBITRATION. The hearing (if any) shall take place in Dane County, Wisconsin, United States of America. EACH PARTY WAIVES ITS RIGHT TO GO TO COURT, TO A TRIAL BY JURY, AND TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION, CLASS ARBITRATION, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING WITH RESPECT TO ANY COVERED PRIVACY CLAIM.
Overview: Arbitration provides a private dispute resolution process that is usually more streamlined and less formal than litigation. In an arbitration, your rights will be determined by a neutral third party called an arbitrator, and not a judge or jury. Both you and the Company are entitled to fundamentally fair proceedings at every stage of the arbitration, including the hearing. The arbitrator will decide all issues relating to the dispute, including the question of arbitrability, and can grant any relief that a court could grant. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons.
12. General Provisions
Reservation of Rights, Severability: The Company reserves all rights not expressly granted herein. The Companys' rights and remedies are cumulative. No failure or delay by the Company in exercising any right will waive any further exercise of that right. If any term of this Agreement is found invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, that term will be limited or severed.
Force Majeure: The Company will not be liable for any delay or failure caused by (a) acts of God/natural disasters (including hurricanes and earthquakes); (b) disease, epidemic, or pandemic; (c) terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, armed conflict, sanctions or embargoes; (d) nuclear, chemical, or biological contamination; (e) collapse of buildings, fire, explosion, or accident; (f) labor or trade strikes; (g) interruption, loss, or malfunction of a utility, transportation, or telecommunications service; (h) any order by a government or public authority, including a quarantine, travel restriction, or other prohibition; or (i) any other circumstance not within the Company’s reasonable control, whether or not foreseeable (each a “force majeure event”). In the event of a force majeure event, the Company shall be relieved from full performance of the contractual obligation until the event passes or no longer prevents performance.
Relationship: You and the Company are independent contractors of one another; neither party is an agent, partner, or joint venturer of the other. This Agreement binds the parties and their successors, personal representatives, and permitted assigns. You may not assign this Agreement to any person whose account has been terminated by the Company or who is prohibited from registering; any such assignment will be void. Except as expressly stated herein, nothing in this Agreement confers any right on any third party.
Entire Agreement: This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties and supersedes all prior understandings regarding the subject matter hereof and may not be modified except in accordance with Section 1 or in a document executed by authorized representatives of the Company. If you have a signed agreement with the Company, any conflicting term of that agreement will prevail over the terms hereof, but only as to the subject matter of that agreement.
The English version of this Agreement shall control. For convenience, we may provide translated versions of this Agreement.
Notices: You must send any notices of a legal nature to us by email or at:
Attention: Legal Department
106 E Doty St, STE 200
Madison, WI 53703